Machine Learning and Data Analysis
Partner Country: RUSSIA
University partner: Oulu
Place of study: ITMO University
The result of the program: Master of Science (MSc) Diploma ITMO University in the field of Applied Mathematics and Informatics
Duration: 2 years (120 credits)
Master of Science (MSc) Diploma ITMO University in the field of Applied Mathematics and Informatics
Deadline for submission of documents: 01 July 2017
Entry requirements: Bachelor's degree in computer science, mathematics, or engineering disciplines with good/excellent grades. CV & motivation letter. Upper-intermediate level of English.
Cost: 183 500 RUR for Russian citizens 203 500 for foreign citizens (price noted is for first 2 semesters at ITMO, price for the second year will be set by Partner University).
The Master program of Machine Learning and Data Analysis at ITMO University is designed to educate data scientists. Students will learn how to use the latest tools and analytical methods to analyze a real-world data. It is great opportunity to study best practices for collection, storage, and retrieval of data, machine learning algorithms and data mining techniques, data visualization and modeling. The acquired knowledge and skills will enable graduates to successfully implement data analysis projects in social networks, marketing campaigns, financial analytics, bioinformatics and many other domains.
The main subjects of study
- Modern algorithms and techniques of machine learning and data mining, including probabilistic models and deep learning networks
- Mathematical disciplines forming the basis of these algorithms, such as optimization and statistics
- Related field of data analysis application: information retrieval, social network analysis and natural language processing
- Programming languages and technologies for data mining
- Data mining contests devoted to practical application of knowledge and skills to solve Kaggle problems
Andrey Filchenkov, director of the Master's program
Alexander Mayatin, coordinator of the Master's program